FAYE SHOLITON developed her work in the Cleveland Play House Playwrights’ Unit from 1996-2011 and is a charter member of Dobama Theatre’s Playwrights’ Gym. Her full-length works have been read or produced in more than four dozen venues worldwide and have won more than 20 national honors. She is a four-time winner of Individual Excellence Awards from the Ohio Arts Council. Prior to writing plays, she was an award-winning journalist for local, regional and national publications. She teaches writers of every description, including high school and college students, community groups and cruise ship passengers. Professional affiliations include the Dramatists Guild, which she serves as Regional Representative for Northern Ohio; the Association for Jewish Theatre; and the International Centre for Women Playwrights. She is founding artistic director of Interplay Jewish Theatre, a company that produces staged readings of Jewish themed works. Thank you for supporting live theatre and living playwrights.
Interplay 2015 Season:
Visit our new website at www.interplaycleveland.com for more information about our 2015 plays:
- G-D’S HONEST TRUTH, by Renee Calarco (April 26 & 27, at Dobama Theatre)
- THE REVISIONIST, by Jesse Eisenberg (July 12 & 13, at Dobama Theatare)
- EXQUISITE POTENTIAL, by Stephen Kaplan (November 8 & 9, at Dobama Theatre)
- FOR THE MALTZ MUSEUM OF JEWISH HERITAGE
- THE BASEBALL PLAYS: SEVENTH INNING STRETCH (April 19, at the museum; August 16 at Cleveland’s Historic League Park)
- A HAPPY END, by Iddo Netanyahu (October 18, at the Maltz Museum)
Faye’s Plays in 2015:
- April 18 & 19, A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG, in InkFest 2015
2Cents Theatre Company at Hudson Theatre, 6539 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA
Performances 4/18 at 6:30 p.m.; 4/19 at 3:30 p.m. www.plays411.com/inkfest2015
MESSAGE FROM PATAGONIA (reading), Monday, May 4, 7 p.m., Dobama Theatre. Part of Playwrights’ Gym showcase. www.dobama.org
V-E DAY (reading) Friday, May 8, 7 p.m.,Readers Theatre Plus, Sequim, WA, celebrating the 70th anniversary of V-E Day. www.readerstheatreplus.com. Pat Owens, Dir.
- TALKING POINTS (reading), Monday, Sept. 21, 7 p.m., Dobama Theatre. Jacqi Loewy, Dir. www.dobama.org
- FAMILY MARKERS, Warner International Playwrights Festival, Torrington, CT, October 16, 8 p.m., directed by John Ozerhoski. www.warnertheatre.org/october.html
- CLEVELAND PLAY HOUSE 100TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION, co-writer with Playwrights’ Unit, for Community Open House, October 24.
Publication: A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG, ArtAge Publications, Senior Theatre Resource Center
New Play Commission: THE GUIDE’S GUIDE TO LAWNFIELD, by the Friends of James A. Garfield National Historic Site, slated for premiere in 2016