FAYE SHOLITON developed her work in the Cleveland Play House Playwrights’ Unit from 1996-2011 and is a charter member of Dobama Theatre’s Playwrights’ Gym. Her full-length works have been read or produced in more than four dozen venues worldwide and have won more than 20 national honors. She is a four-time winner of Individual Excellence Awards from the Ohio Arts Council. Prior to writing plays, she was an award-winning journalist for local, regional and national publications. She teaches writers of every description, including high school and college students, community groups and cruise ship passengers. Professional affiliations include the Dramatists Guild, which she served as Regional Representative for Northern Ohio 2009-2016; the Alliance for Jewish Theatre; and the International Centre for Women Playwrights. She is founding artistic director of Interplay Jewish Theatre, a company that produces staged readings of Jewish themed works. Thank you for supporting live theatre and living playwrights.
Interplay 2017 Season:
Updates available at www.interplaycleveland.com
NOW CIRCA THEN, by Carly Mensch April 30 and May 2, 7 p.m, at Dobama Theatre, directed by Jacqi Loewy
PLEASE DON’T ASK ABOUT BECKET, by Wendy Graf July 9, 2 p.m.; and July 10, at 7 p.m., at Dobama Theatre, directed by Lester Thomas Shane
ULYSSES ON BOTTLES, by Gilad Evron, Sept. 17 & 18, both at 7 p.m., at Dobama Theatre, directed by Scott Miller
STILL STANDING, written and performed by Anita Hollander, Nov. 18, at 8 p.m., hosted by and co-produced with Anshe Chesed Fairmount Temple
GRAND ROUNDS, four short plays by Cleveland writers, Dec. 6, 2017, at 7 p.m., hosted by and co-produced with the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage
FAYE’S PLAYS IN 2018:
February, THE INTERVIEW, featured in Holocaust Theatre: Dramatizing Survivor Trauma and Its Effects on the Second Generation, by Gene A. Plunka, published by Routledge (London, New York)
October-November, ABOVE AND BEYOND, Playwrights Local, directed by Craig Joseph
Faye’s Plays in 2017:
May 5-7, and May 11-13, FUNNY VALENTINE, Stray Kats Theatre Co, Newtown and Hamden, CT., directed by Kate Katcher
October 11-14, THE GUIDE’S GUIDE TO LAWNFIELD, Lakeland Community College, directed by Martin Friedman
November 7, A DEATH IN THE CITY, Dobama Theatre, directed by Jeffery Allen
December 6, HEAL THYSELF, Interplay Jewish Theatre with the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage
Faye’s Plays in 2016:
- April 16-17, MESSAGE FROM PATAGONIA, in INK Fest, 2Cents Theatre Company, Hollywood, CA, directed by Laura Stribling. Performances: Sat., 4/16 at 3 p.m.; and Sun., 4/17 at 4:30 p.m.
- June 16-18, BECOMING JUSTIN, Dobama Theatre Directed by Fred Sternfeld
- September 17-18, U.S. v. HOWARD MECHANIC, (reading) Interplay Jewish Theatre. Directed by Fred Sternfeld.
- October 8, A BALM IN BEVERLY HILLS, Jewish Women’s Theatre, Los Angeles.
- October 13, BECOMING JUSTIN, Warner Theatre, Torrington, CT. Warner International One-Act Festival.
- October 26, A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG (reading), University Farm Circle, Davis, CA
- October 30, 7 p.m., THE BATTLE OF CHICAMAUGA and THE GUIDE’S GUIDE TO LAWNFIELD, (reading) Dobama Theatre, Directed by Martin Friedman.
Faye’s Plays in 2015
- April 18 & 19, A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG, in InkFest 2015
2Cents Theatre Company at Hudson Theatre, 6539 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA
Performances 4/18 at 6:30 p.m.; 4/19 at 3:30 p.m. www.plays411.com/inkfest2015
MESSAGE FROM PATAGONIA (reading), Monday, May 4, 7 p.m., Dobama Theatre. Part of Playwrights’ Gym showcase. www.dobama.org
V-E DAY (reading) Friday, May 8, 7 p.m.,Readers Theatre Plus, Sequim, WA, celebrating the 70th anniversary of V-E Day. www.readerstheatreplus.com. Pat Owens, Dir.
- TALKING POINTS (reading), Monday, Sept. 21, 7 p.m., Dobama Theatre. Jacqi Loewy, Dir. www.dobama.org
- FAMILY MARKERS, Warner International Playwrights Festival, Torrington, CT, October 16, 8 p.m., directed by John Ozerhoski. www.warnertheatre.org/october.html
- THE CENTENNIAL PLAYS, a celebration of the Cleveland Play House 100th anniversary, co-writer with Playwrights’ Unit, October 24, at 12:15 and 4:15 p.m., at CPH.
Publication: A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG, ArtAge Publications, Senior Theatre Resource Center
New Play Commission: THE GUIDE’S GUIDE TO LAWNFIELD, by the Friends of James A. Garfield National Historic Site