FAYE SHOLITON developed her work in the Cleveland Play House Playwrights’ Unit from 1996-2011 and is a charter member of Dobama Theatre’s Playwrights’ Gym. Her full-length works have been read or produced in more than four dozen venues worldwide and have won more than 20 national honors. She is a four-time winner of Individual Excellence Awards from the Ohio Arts Council. Prior to writing plays, she was an award-winning journalist for local, regional and national publications. She teaches writers of every description, including high school and college students, community groups and cruise ship passengers. Professional affiliations include the Dramatists Guild, which she served as Regional Representative for Northern Ohio 2009-2016; the Alliance for Jewish Theatre; and the International Centre for Women Playwrights. She is founding artistic director of Interplay Jewish Theatre, a company that produces staged readings of Jewish themed works. Thank you for supporting live theatre and living playwrights.
Interplay 2018 Season:
Updates available at www.interplaycleveland.com
Rx, by Kate Fodor, January 28, 2 p.m., at the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage. Dir: Jeffery Allen
THE INTERVIEW, written and directed by Faye Sholiton, April 23, 24 & 25, 7 p.m., at Dobama Theatre;
CHURCH & STATE, by Jason Odell Williams, June 25 &26, 7 p.m., at Dobama Theatre. Dir: Fred Sternfeld
PRESENTING AARON WEINSTEIN, Interplay’s 7th birthday celebration, September 16, 7 p.m., at Dobama Theatre
Faye’s Plays in 2018:
February 18, A BALM IN BEVERLY HILLS, The Jewish Women’s Theatre, at Temple Beth Israel, Fresno, CA, 1 p.m.
February, THE INTERVIEW, featured in Holocaust Theatre: Dramatizing Survivor Trauma and Its Effects on the Second Generation, by Gene A. Plunka, published by Routledge (London, New York)
April 23 & 24, in staged reading, THE INTERVIEW, Interplay Jewish Theatre, at Dobama Theatre, starring Dorothy Silver, Laura Perrotta, Jacqi Loewy and Ryan Vincent
May 2018, release of A BALM IN BEVERLY HILLS podcast, The Jewish Women’s Theatre, L.A. http://www.jewishwomenstheatre.org/stay-connected/podcast/
May 2018, release of CLEVELAND SCHMOOZE podcast https://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=54544821&refid=asa
(Ongoing) U.S. v. HOWARD MECHANIC, screenplay adapted from Fugitive Candidate, A Memoir by Howard Mechanic, The Last Prisoner of the Vietnam War.
August 18, in staged reading, FOOLS FOR LOVE, three one-acts, for Women of Fairmount Temple, Cleveland, OH
October-November, world premiere production: ABOVE AND BEYOND, Playwrights Local, directed by Craig Joseph
Faye’s Plays in 2017:
May 5-7, and May 11-13, FUNNY VALENTINE, Stray Kats Theatre Co, Newtown and Hamden, CT., directed by Kate Katcher
October 11-14, THE GUIDE’S GUIDE TO LAWNFIELD, Lakeland Community College, directed by Martin Friedman
November 7, A DEATH IN THE CITY, Dobama Theatre, directed by Jeffery Allen
December 6, HEAL THYSELF, Interplay Jewish Theatre with the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage
Faye’s Plays in 2016:
- April 16-17, MESSAGE FROM PATAGONIA, in INK Fest, 2Cents Theatre Company, Hollywood, CA, directed by Laura Stribling. Performances: Sat., 4/16 at 3 p.m.; and Sun., 4/17 at 4:30 p.m.
- June 16-18, BECOMING JUSTIN, Dobama Theatre Directed by Fred Sternfeld
- September 17-18, U.S. v. HOWARD MECHANIC, (reading) Interplay Jewish Theatre. Directed by Fred Sternfeld.
- October 8, A BALM IN BEVERLY HILLS, Jewish Women’s Theatre, Los Angeles.
- October 13, BECOMING JUSTIN, Warner Theatre, Torrington, CT. Warner International One-Act Festival.
- October 26, A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG (reading), University Farm Circle, Davis, CA
- October 30, 7 p.m., THE BATTLE OF CHICAMAUGA and THE GUIDE’S GUIDE TO LAWNFIELD, (reading) Dobama Theatre, Directed by Martin Friedman.
Faye’s Plays in 2015
- April 18 & 19, A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG, in InkFest 2015
2Cents Theatre Company at Hudson Theatre, 6539 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA
Performances 4/18 at 6:30 p.m.; 4/19 at 3:30 p.m. www.plays411.com/inkfest2015
MESSAGE FROM PATAGONIA (reading), Monday, May 4, 7 p.m., Dobama Theatre. Part of Playwrights’ Gym showcase. www.dobama.org
V-E DAY (reading) Friday, May 8, 7 p.m.,Readers Theatre Plus, Sequim, WA, celebrating the 70th anniversary of V-E Day. www.readerstheatreplus.com. Pat Owens, Dir.
- TALKING POINTS (reading), Monday, Sept. 21, 7 p.m., Dobama Theatre. Jacqi Loewy, Dir. www.dobama.org
- FAMILY MARKERS, Warner International Playwrights Festival, Torrington, CT, October 16, 8 p.m., directed by John Ozerhoski. www.warnertheatre.org/october.html
- THE CENTENNIAL PLAYS, a celebration of the Cleveland Play House 100th anniversary, co-writer with Playwrights’ Unit, October 24, at 12:15 and 4:15 p.m., at CPH.
Publication: A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG, ArtAge Publications, Senior Theatre Resource Center
New Play Commission: THE GUIDE’S GUIDE TO LAWNFIELD, by the Friends of James A. Garfield National Historic Site