FAYE SHOLITON developed her work in the Cleveland Play House Playwrights’ Unit from 1996-2011 and is a charter member of Dobama Theatre’s Playwrights’ Gym. Her full-length works have been read or produced in more than four dozen venues worldwide and have won more than 20 national honors. She is a four-time winner of Individual Excellence Awards from the Ohio Arts Council. Prior to writing plays, she was an award-winning journalist for local, regional and national publications. She teaches writers of every description, including high school and college students, community groups and cruise ship passengers. Professional affiliations include the Dramatists Guild, which she serves as Regional Representative for Northern Ohio; the Association for Jewish Theatre; and the International Centre for Women Playwrights. She is founding artistic director of Interplay Jewish Theatre, a company that produces staged readings of Jewish themed works. Thank you for supporting live theatre and living playwrights.
Interplay 2016 Season:
Updates available at www.interplaycleveland.com
- OH GOD, by Anat Gov (May 1 & 3, 7 p.m, at Dobama Theatre), directed by Dorothy Silver
- JERICHO, by Jack Canfora (July 10 & 11, at Dobama Theatre), directed by Scott Plate
- U.S. v. HOWARD MECHANIC, by Faye Sholiton, adapted from FUGITIVE CANDIDATE: The Autobiography of Howard Mechanic, the Last Prisoner of the Vietnam War, mid-September, times and locales TBA.
- FOR THE MALTZ MUSEUM OF JEWISH HERITAGE
- GOOD, By C.P. Taylor (Sunday, April 3) contact: www.maltzmuseum.org
Faye’s Plays in 2016:
- April 16-17, MESSAGE FROM PATAGONIA, in INK Fest, 2Cents Theatre Company, Hollywood, CA, directed by Laura Stribling. Performances: Sat., 4/16 at 3 p.m.; and Sun., 4/17 at 4:30 p.m.
- June 16-18, BECOMING JUSTIN, Dobama Theatre Directed by Fred Sternfeld
- September 17-18, U.S. v. HOWARD MECHANIC, (reading) Interplay Jewish Theatre. Directed by Fred Sternfeld.
Faye’s Plays in 2015
- April 18 & 19, A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG, in InkFest 2015
2Cents Theatre Company at Hudson Theatre, 6539 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA
Performances 4/18 at 6:30 p.m.; 4/19 at 3:30 p.m. www.plays411.com/inkfest2015
MESSAGE FROM PATAGONIA (reading), Monday, May 4, 7 p.m., Dobama Theatre. Part of Playwrights’ Gym showcase. www.dobama.org
V-E DAY (reading) Friday, May 8, 7 p.m.,Readers Theatre Plus, Sequim, WA, celebrating the 70th anniversary of V-E Day. www.readerstheatreplus.com. Pat Owens, Dir.
- TALKING POINTS (reading), Monday, Sept. 21, 7 p.m., Dobama Theatre. Jacqi Loewy, Dir. www.dobama.org
- FAMILY MARKERS, Warner International Playwrights Festival, Torrington, CT, October 16, 8 p.m., directed by John Ozerhoski. www.warnertheatre.org/october.html
- THE CENTENNIAL PLAYS, a celebration of the Cleveland Play House 100th anniversary, co-writer with Playwrights’ Unit, October 24, at 12:15 and 4:15 p.m., at CPH.
Publication: A BRIEF HISTORY OF MAH JONGG, ArtAge Publications, Senior Theatre Resource Center
New Play Commission: THE GUIDE’S GUIDE TO LAWNFIELD, by the Friends of James A. Garfield National Historic Site, slated for premiere in 2016